Please find an important message below from our Parent Council Fundraising Group – lots of exciting up coming events to look forward to!
PARENT COUNCIL PUT THE ‘FUN’ BACK INTO FUNDRAISING
After our initial year of fantastic fundraising – which saw us raise money for the trim trail, the summer house, the paint markings in the playground, book bags, playground benches, and so much more aside – we’ve had a couple of quieter years, with the children taking a keen interest in fundraising for their own chosen charities throughout the course of the year.
As our school grows, however, and we look to continue to offer our children as many different sources of learning as possible – swimming lessons, the music festival, running in the McRobert Cup, our commonwealth games-style sports day at the Sports Centre, putting on Christmas plays and our end of year trips – we, as a parent forum, are being asked to support the school where we can in these activities. Where there are bigger projects around the school, for example, developing more areas for outside learning or putting in seats to overlook the MUGA, this also needs some concentrated fundraising efforts.
The Parent Council have formed a small Fundraising Group who are developing a Calendar of FUNdraising activities for the coming school year. Some of these you will recognise from before and others are new events. We hope that, as in the past, you will support these events – through your attendance, your help, your baking, your participation and your enjoyment.
Where we have fixed dates, we will give you as much notice of events coming up as we can. Over the next few weeks you can look out for:
- End of Term disco, Wednesday, 8th Nursery – P2 6:00 – 7:00pm
P3 – P7 7:15 – 8:15pm
- Our Annual Sausage Sizzle for Bonfire Night, Wednesday, 5th November (time to be confirmed). This is a free event but there will be a BBQ, other tasty eats and glow toys to purchase on the night.
- The children are working on their Christmas card designs in class this week and these will be coming home for you to order your personalised Christmas cards and gift tags. How organised will you be?!
- Family Portrait Photo Shoots will take place in November (date to be confirmed) – with photos all ready for Christmas. This is likely to be a very popular event so will be on a first come, first served basis when bookings open. Watch this space!
- EasyFundraising is an online facility that allows the school to benefit, financially, from any internet searches you do at home and also from any purchases you make on-line. This is such an easy way to raise funds for the school with so little effort. Look out in the homework for information on this.
If you are keen to get involved in any fundraising activities, please drop me an email -Morrison_woodside@yahoo.co.uk. Whether it’s serving teas and coffees, providing home baking, face painting, graphic designer, DJ, chef – any help is appreciated.
If you want to join the Parent Council, then please come along to any of our future meetings – these are always advertised on the blog. You are welcome to attend, even if you aren’t a member.
We will make sure we keep you informed of what money is raised and as this is passed over to the school, they will be able to let us know what this has contributed towards.