It’s just been brilliant to see how amazingly well our pupils and families have joined in with our Health & Well-Being focus for the week. We’ve seen learning, creativity and fun across the different areas of our HWB learning, and know that we can all build on these positive experiences. Well done to everyone who made a sunflower and/or wore yellow today for Highland Hospice too.
Just a few things to highlight as we reach the end the week (and before you watch the amazing MOL HWB video!):
- Monday is an in-service day so staff will be involved in training and not on their classrooms as normal
- We will be back as usual with plans/assignments for learning at home on Tuesday
- Tuesday sees us travelling to another destination on our World Tour – woohoo, I hope it’s sunny!
- Our MOL-athon challenge – yes, we are going to continue this over the weekend; it is just too good an opportunity to turn down. That will give us a full week to reach our 10,000km target – and we are definitely getting there, almost half way there with the weekend ahead and all non-strava kms not yet counted in our current total
- For anyone not using the strava app but joining in the challenge, please complete this google form and submit it by the end of the day on Sunday
- MOL-athon form for non-strava users
- We will announce our MOL-athon challenge total on Monday
Just to add that the Spacex launch is re-scheduled for tomorrow – if the weather holds we should all be able to see some memorable images as it travels to the international space station, 6,000km away. Today is also the anniversary of the very first time Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain, was summited – the 29th of May 1953 – amazing!
On a separate note I will share any information as we receive it from Highland Council about preparations in June for the re-opening of schools in August with the blended model. We fully appreciate what an uncertain time this is, but please know that we will begin plans and preparations as soon as we can to ensure the best for our MOL pupils, families, staff and the wider community. We hope to join a virtual Parent Council meeting once there is more guidance and information to share with the school community about next session. Please look out for more transition information for families which we will have online on Tuesday.
Meantime, from all of us to all of you, we hope you enjoy our Healthy Happy video and hope you have a lovely, relaxing, sunny weekend.
(with improved sound quality!)