As we look towards the first full week of closure ahead, I thought it might be useful to detail a few of the main things to be looking out for and remembering to check in on next week.
As with schools across the country, please remember that we appreciate how challenging the changed circumstances are likely to be for families everywhere. Our main aim for week 1, is that you and your children feel reassured by the ongoing contact you have with the school, teachers and your children’s peers and friends.
In most cases, next week will mainly involve children with adult support at home familiarising themselves with the different aspects of online learning at home. Please follow the link below for our latest guidelines in this regard. As always, please contact either your class teacher, the school office or myself if you have any queries so that we know you feel secure with the online learning developments to date.
There are a few other points to consider for tomorrow:
- The school is open from 9-3.00pm for parents to access chromebooks/essential medicines if they have not already done so
- As with with Highland Council guidance outlined in the letter on Friday, if you are not able to come to the school (eg self-isloating), please arrange for someone to collect on your behalf. Please email so that we know this has been organised.
- We have additional chromebooks in school; if you are a family with more than one child planning to share a single device, please let us know by email no later than 9.30am tomorrow so that we can organise a second chromebook for you
There will be an expectation for registration of pupils during term time school closure. Guidance for this will be shared tomorrow on your child’s google classroom.
Finally, please see the links below for volunteering for Highland Council staff and the key worker application for childcare (the deadline for this being 9.00am tomorrow (Monday) morning).
Volunteering for staff within Highland Council:
Before volunteering, please ensure you have obtained approval from your line manager and checked your health status by following the national guidance on coronavirus (Covid-19) at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. Please note that although some roles may include delivering a front-line service to the community, the health and wellbeing of our staff will remain a priority.
- Health and Social Care Volunteer:
- General Volunteer:
- High Life Highland staff are being encouraged to apply through this application:
- Calling hotline on 01463 702820
- Emailing us at TransitionsProgramme@highland.gov.uk
Application for key workers for childcare:
Information about provision for children of key workers should become available during next week and I will share this when it does.
As well as regularly checking the main school blog, please follow your child’s class teacher advice about following class blogs/Seesaw during the school closure phase.
All P1-P3 pupils plus any pupils entitled to funded school meals can access ‘Grab and Go’ lunches at Millburn Academy next week (Monday 23rd-Friday 27th) between 11-2.00pm. Please check the blog regularly for updates on this and any other information regarding school closures.
We are here for you, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch over the course of next week before the Easter break if we can help in any way.
With best wishes,