I am the active school co-ordinator. Our aim is to offer and motivate all children and young people opportunities to ‘get active’. Increasing the number of opportunities for children to get engaged in physical activity and sport.
We also strive to build bridges with sports clubs and other community organisations to give pupils a ‘pathway’ to continue their participation in sport outside of the school gates.
If you would like to volunteer or have any suggestions about the activities and sporting pathways I can offer please let me know.
Here are some of the activities that will be happening in the near future within the Millburn Primary Cluster.
- Every p5 will be participating in club golf during curriculum time.
- The Primary 7 Christmas Ceilidh Transition is taking place on the 16th of December atMillburnAcademy during Curriculum Time.
- The Rugby Development Officer will be delivering coaching sessions to some of the schools in theMillburncluster working with the P6 and P7 pupils.
- Russell Jones the Shinty Development Officer is working in some schools in the Millburn cluster working with a variety of ages.
- All primary 7s will take part in Fitness Profiling during curriculum time.
- Some Young Leaders who were trained before the summer are leading playground games sessions with the younger children during break times and lunch times.
I am currently in the process of planning more opportunities for children to take part in physical activity.
Once again, if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me.
Millburn Primaries Active Schools Co-ordinator (temporary)
Laura.Murphy3@highlifehighland.com Tel: 07748703814